- A software bug is making it impossible to create new user accounts at Communpedia. We want your contributions and sincerely regret this problem. If you wish to get a new Communpedia account, please message [email protected] and we will create one for you. Then you will be able to change your password.
- May 28, 2015 Chinese grassroots activist demonized by the state (The New York Times)
- May 13, 2015. New laws limiting dissident speech are expected in Britain. Truthdig
- April 24, 2015. CLOC-VC, the Latin American wing of Via Campesina, holds its 6th annual congress, in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Delegates march in streets and release declaration. Source: La Via Campesina
- March 6, 2015 Access to Under the Dome blocked in China New York Times
- March 2, 2015 Xi Jinping's Quotes published in Beijing China News
- March 1, 2015 Millions view "Under the Dome," a documentary about air pollution in China YouTube
- February 23, 2015. Greece: The Syriza government, after only a month in power, abandons its socialist platform and adopts a neoliberal economic policy demanded by the EU. International Marxist Tendency
- February 2015. United States: School walkouts and work stoppages planned for April 14 against police and prison racism. Preliminary meetings February 7 and 8, Atlanta. Revolution
- January 24, 2015 Shaimaa al-Sabbagh shotgunned in Cairo "Video Analysis Suggests Egyptian Officer Shot Protester, Rights Group Says"
- January 16, 2015. Miami police use actual mugshots of Black teenagers for target practice. Progressive Review Daily Mail
- January 14, 2015 Three days after massive `free speech' march, French authorities arrest comedian Dieudonné M'bala M'bala for brief pro-Muslim satirical comment. The Guardian See also commentary by Glenn Greenwald 
- January 5, 2015 Peace activists protest ‘brutal UK drone warfare’ at RAF base, 4 arrests. Russia Times
- December 29, 2014 Xi Jinping issued Directive No. 30 instructing those engaging in party work in institutions of higher learning to combat liberal democracy and civil society and build socialism with Chinese characteristics. Xinhuanet, The New York Times
- December 21, 2014. Maxim Firsov, Victor Shapinov, and Maria Muratova of the Ukrainian communist group Borotba are kidnapped in Donetsk. Borotba fears the three may fall into the hands of the security service of the Western Ukraine, the SBU. Fifth International
- November 10, 2014. Thomas Young, Iraq war critic, veteran, and author of `The Last Letter', dies at 34. Truthdig
- October 30, 2014. Iraqi pro-government forces destroy the town of Jurf al Sakhar ("Rocky Bank"), former population: 80,000 Sunnis. The Independent
- September 2, 2014. Via Campesina will request the EU to buffer European farmers from the effect of Russia's veto of EU dairy products, which they say represents 2,200,000 tonnes of milk. In its news release, Via Campesina argues that the EU `should orient itself fundamentally towards the production of healthy and accessible foods for the European population, within the framework of food sovereignty; with a production model ... which ensures that throughout Europe thousands of small and medium-sized family farms have respectable wages, guarantees a living rural environment and generate jobs and wealth; for this reason, we propose that exports cease to be the main point of focus....' (Via Campesina)
- August 2, 2014. Garment workers in Bangladesh strike the Tuba group of factories. Tuba executives at manufacturers' federation headquarters are beseiged by 1600 workers. Eighty-six fasting workers have been hospitalized. Ninety-four percent of Bangladesh garment workplaces are not unionized. Source: Libcom (towards end of article).
- July 24, 2014. Brazilian- and Japanese-backed ProSavana commercial agricultural project continues to take land from peasants in Nampula, Zambesia, and Niassa provinces of Mozambique. Three thousand hectares taken in Monapo district of Nampula. Ten thousand families expropriated in Malema. The Triangular Conference of the Peoples, organised by civil society, labour, and social groups from Mozambique, Brazil, and Japan, to defend the rights of the peasants, met in the Mozambican capital, Maputo, on 24 July for its second conference. The Hoyohoyo and Mosaco companies are critisised. (Source: La Via Campesina   )
- May 29, 2014 Daily Mail publishes photographs of a happy-looking North Korean public 
- May 1. Happy May Day 2014.
- April 9, 2014 Maoist guerrilas kill 3 government soldiers and wound 3 in Chhattisgarh state, India. (Asian Correspondent ; background info. from Revolutionary Worker)
The people's point of view
The communist music project