- August 2, 2014. Garment workers in Bangladesh strike the Tuba group of factories. Tuba executives at manufacturers' federation headquarters are beseiged by 1600 workers. Eighty-six fasting workers have been hospitalized. Ninety-four percent of Bangladesh garment workplaces are not unionized. Source: Libcom (towards end of article).
- July 24, 2014. Brazilian- and Japanese-backed ProSavana commercial agricultural project continues to take land from peasants in Nampula, Zambesia, and Niassa provinces of Mozambique. Three thousand hectares taken in Monapo district of Nampula. Ten thousand families expropriated in Malema. The Triangular Conference of the Peoples, organised by civil society, labour, and social groups from Mozambique, Brazil, and Japan, to defend the rights of the peasants, met in the Mozambican capital, Maputo, on 24 July for its second conference. The Hoyohoyo and Mosaco companies are critisised. (Source: La Via Campesina   )
- May 29, 2014 Daily Mail publishes photographs of a happy-looking North Korean public 
- May 1. Happy May Day 2014.
- April 9, 2014 Maoist guerrilas kill 3 government soldiers and wound 3 in Chhattisgarh state, India. (Asian Correspondent ; background info. from Revolutionary Worker)
- April 1, 2014 Taxi fleet expands in Pyongyang (Chosen Exchange)
- March 25, 2014 Anti-communist movements in Venezuela and Cuba mirror Cuban and Venezuelan cooperation and support. (The New York Times)
- March 2, 2014 FIST (Fight Imperialism, Stand Together) anti-oppression, anti-exploitation, revolutionary group to hold conference, New York City, USA, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., 147 West 24th Street, 2nd floor. fightimperialism.org
- February 11, 2014 Cambodia denies bail to garment industry strikers despite international protests. Womens Media Center
- January 2014 Patriotic March, a leftist party in Colombia, considers disbanding due to political assassinations (Columbia Reports)
- January 21, 2014 Leaked documents reveal extensive off-shore holdings of Chinese princelings (The Guardian The International Consortium of Investigative Journalism The New York Times China Digital Times)
- January 20, 2014 Top 85 as rich as poorest 3½ billion (The Guardian Oxfam World Top Incomes Database)
- January, 2014 Flash mobs of dark-skinned C class youth assemble at Brazilian shopping malls (Portal AZ The New York Times)
- January 13, 2014 A prominent former Red Guard apologized for her role in the death of a teacher during the Cultural Revolution (Beijing News, Consensus Net, New York Times, Bloomberg News)
- January 10, 2014 Chemical leak in West Virginia, USA, cuts water to 250,000.
- January 6, 2014 American gun libertarians silence dissident member ( socialismoryourmoneyback.blogspot.ca/2014/01/gun-law.html ).
- December, 2013 Brazil is reported to be forming a close economic relationship with Cuba by hiring Cuban doctors and engaging in joint economic projects. (The New York Times)
- November 9, 2013 Immigrant workers riot in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (The New York Times)
- November 3, 2013 Cuba invites Chinese investment in special development zone at Muriel Port (Qiushi})
- November 1, 2013 Chen Quanguo, Communist Party Chief of the Tibet Autonomous Region calls in Qiushi for strict censorship. (The New York Times)
- October 31, 2013 Greenland parliament votes 15-14 to lift decades-long ban on uranium mining.
- October 13, 2013 Yangzhong builds giant statue of puffer fish (The New York Times)
- October 7, 2013 Strike at steel mill in Venezuela (The New York Times)
- September 27, 2013 The Daily Mail attacks Labour Party leader's father (The Daily Mail The Guardian The Guardian)
- September 26, 2013 World Cup infrastructure in Qatar being built with forced labor (The Guardian)
- September 23, 2013 200,000 on strike in Bangladesh (The Australian)
- September 21, 2013 Textile workers in Bangladesh demand $107 a month (The Raw Story)
- September 17, 2013 Fair Labor Standards Act extended to include direct care workers who provide personal care for the disabled and elderly in the United States (U.S. Department of Labor)
- September 16, 2013 White family lives for a month in a township in South Africa (Living in Mamelodi for a Month)
- September 14, 2013 Communist Party of Swaziland leader arrested while campaigning against bogus election in Swaziland (LINKS)
- September 14, 2013 AFL-CIO reaches out to the unorganized at its convention (AFL-CIO)
- September 14, 2013 Occupation of Zócalo by the National Education Workers Co-ordinating Committee ends (The Guardian)
- September 9, 2013 Dennis Rodman spills the beans (The Guardian)
- September 22, 2013 General election in Germany (The Guardian)
- September 4, 2013 Grey wolf killed in March 2013 in Missouri (Earth First! Journal)
- September 3, 2013 Wolves devour farmers' sheep and goats in southern France (The New York Times)
- September 1, 2013 Guest workers under H-2B visas cheated in the United States (The New York Times)
The people's point of view
The communist music project